Saturday, May 4, 2013

Live Life on Purpose

While hiking up a steep canyon, gun on my shoulder and pack on my back, I became extremely thirsty. I rested a moment in my quest for the high ridge and reached in my pack for a drink of water. As the water hit my tongue I felt this feeling of revulsion in my throat. The water had become warm and stale during the long day. I drank from sheer need but without enjoyment, barely quenching my thirst.

Jesus taught that we should be either hot or cold, if we were lukewarm we should be spit out.

It's easy to become wishy-washy in life. If you find yourself in this situation it is time to jump off the fence and stand up for your life. When you live your life on purpose, you're liable to ruffle some feathers. When we live on purpose we will find those who disagree with what we are doing. They will know what we are about. They will taste our water, so to speak, and it will not be spewed out. The flavor may be good or bad to them, but it won't be flat and tasteless.

Give some flavor to the world, live your life on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment